The Roundhouse captures the history of the first permanent bridge to span the Murray River. Originally built for Mr Henry Park, superintendant overseeing bridge construction works in 1874, this unusual hexagonal shaped historical residence enhances spectacular views of the river and bridges.
State Heritage and National Estate listed, this building has been lovingly restored and maintained by local volunteers. The Roundhouse was the first substantial building in Murray Bridge and has significant historical value to the early development of the town serving as a School, Post Office, Church and Council chambers.
After exploring the beautiful homestead and the history contained within, step out onto the verandah and admire the spectacular views of the twin bridges and sweeping Murray River.
Located in the heart of the city adjacent to the bridges and walking distance from the main street (Bridge Street).Visit website