The River Lane Blacksmith Shop at Mannum is available for tours daily. The shop has been authentically recreated to original working order, dating back to the 1880's.
Visitors will be shown the making of horseshoes using the forge and anvil. The history of Blacksmithing and the tools used will also be explained.
There is also a display of old machinery such as bellow's, drills and other equipment. A display of medieval full suits of armour and weaponry can be seen with a small talk about the armour dating back to the sixteenth century explaining the way they were made and how they were used.
Visitors are welcome to bring their cameras and take a photo of themselves in a suit of armour.
Demonstrations last approximately 20 to 30 minutes. This is for group bookings only.
The River Lane Blacksmith Shop is situated opposite the Mary Ann Reserve, near the Murray River Princess mooring where there is seating, picnic area, playground and toilet facilities.Visit website